Friday, December 28, 2007

Our Vendors

We have all our vendors booked! Well most of them. The only thing left is the cake, but that shouldn't be a BIG problem. I'm so glad! It's such a relief!

Photography: Harvard Photography - La Palma, CA
We met with 2 photographers (or was it 3? I don't remember!), and ended up going with Harvard. Mainly for the following reasions:
  • They were nice enough to give us split hours (since there's a big gap in between our ceremony and reception).
  • They threw in a 2nd photographer for FREE. We couldn't turn down the offer after this!
  • They produce everything in-house, including their albums. =D
  • They were friendly!
Videography: Robles Video - Brea, CA
Very family orieted company. We went with them because they have filmed at our ceremony site many times and knew what they could do and could not do. We couldn't resist the unlimited filming time for their price. =D

DJ: The DJayCompany - Alta Loma, CA
We had two choices for our DJ and we really liked how Jay was more down to earth and up front with us. Plus we got $100 off for booking them during the Holiday Season. They are a web based company meaning we can listen to their songs off iTunes and plan everything using their system. They'll even purchase music for us that they may not have!

Wedding Consultant: Joyful Weddings and Events
Courtney is a sweetheart! I really can't wait to work with her and her assistant Darcy. She has been very helpful these past few weeks. Darcy will be our Day of the Wedding Coordinator.

Florist: Thuy's Bridal - Garden Grove, CA
Finding a florist was the most hardest part next to finding a reception site! I don't know how many florists we met with but damn, it got a little stressful. They were able to give us flowers, decor for the head/cake table, chair covers + sash, centerpieces, and others for less than what other florists were charging us for. Plus they've decorated at our reception site numerous times. Oh and they threw in a little something something for our centerpieces which was a BIG plus! ;D

Others...

Bridal Gown: Mariposa Boutique - Anaheim, CA
I love Kaycee! She is the sweetest person! She was my consultant and she is the owner of Mariposa. She was very helpful! I really love her boutique and her employees! Mariposa was the first and only store that I went to. Their customer service is excellent!

Bridesmaids Dresses: Alfred Angelo - Brea, CA
This was the closest one to my house. I knew from the start that I would most likely be going with Alfred Angelo because my cousin got her bridesmaids dresses their and I liked the quality of their dresses. I was set when I saw their 2008 catalog with our colors. =D

Tuxedos: Friar Tux - Brea, CA
TBD!

Invitations: DIY
I'm totally making our inspired weddingbee.com invitations. I already made a mock up and it's the cutest thing! I'm even thinking about doing it as a side job since I've been getting many compliments about it from those who have seen it. ;D

Honorable Mentions

Florists: Flowers by Linda
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet lady! I would have loved to work with her! She has been making flowers on her own as a side job for the past few years. More professional than most of the florists I have met with who have been in the business for years. She was my second choice!

No comments: