Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Proposal

His side of the story...

I decided to finally get Ms. A. the ring of her dreams back in the month of Ms. A. after she finally completed her Master's Degree program. I was waiting for the perfect time to pop the question. After receiving the blessings from both my parents and her parents, I figured it was now or never. On the day of the proposal I had called the concierge to spread flower petals in our room while we were out having dinner at Lawry's. We went out to dinner and came back to the hotel. We walked into the room and there were the petals all over the bed. I told Ms. A. to close her eyes and cover her ears. As she was doing so, I kept asking her if she was peeking. I went to the curtain of our room to show the scenery (night lights of Vegas, specifically the Eiffel Tower as our backdrop) and grabbed the ring out of my bag. I knelt down on one knee in front of Ms. A. and shouted at her (she couldn't hear me) to open her eyes. That is when I asked her to marry me. She began crying and said yes and cried some more. Soon afterwards she began hitting me, then hitting me some more. It was the perfect night!

Her side of the story...

Saturday morning was when Mr. R. and I had planned to leave for Vegas. My parents were going to Santa Barbara. When I was saying bye to my mom she was in one of the most joyous moods ever. As she was walking to the van she said, "Call me when you win the jackpot!" I was like "Okay!" And she kept saying that to me everytime I called her during the weekend. I was like "Why does she keep saying that and why is she in such a giddy mood?" So Sunday comes along. Mr. R. and I ate breakfast in our suite and then hit the lazy pool at the MGM Grand. We went back to our suite to get ready to go eat at Lawry's. I kept asking him what we should do after we ate. He kept inisiting that we come back to the hotel so that we could change. In my head I was thinking "What for?"

When we got out of the hotel elevator, there was a housekeeping lady standing very close to our hotel suite with the biggest smile. I thought to myself, "Geez..why is she smiling so big?" Then we walked into the room and there were pink flower petals spread all over the bed. I was like "Aww!" and I thanked Mr. R. for his sweet gesture. Then he started thanking me for everything, for being me, for my support, etc. Then he walked me to the middle of the room and told me to close my eyes and cover my ears. I was like "uh..okay?" So there I was just standing there doing my best to not peek or hear anything. I wasn't expecting a proposal. I thought he was going to give me a stuff toy or something! Hehe!

I heard him faintly talking, but I wasn't sure what he was saying. Then I heard him yelling at me to open my eyes. When I did, there was Mr. R. on one knee with the jewelry box opened with a shimmering ring, asking me to marry him. Of course I started crying and I said yes, and cried some more, and started hitting him.

I TOTALLY wasn't expecting it! I was so in shock that I wanted to throw up. I told myself I better not because our dinner was expensive. Hehe!

After everything, we took a walk down the strip as the future Mr. & Mrs. RM. =)





No comments: